Friday, March 25, 2011

~ Birthday Party ~ Sarina's SWEET Second Birthday Party




I am so excited to share with you the pictures of my daughter's second birthday party!
I am currently in recovery mode from all the planning; I worked non-stop for the past month doing all the little projects, but it was all worth it because I just love how everything turned out.




THE DECOR...



While browsing Birthday Express for party supplies, I found the most adorable paper plates and cups from Yummi-land.  My daughter loves candies, so I thought the candy theme was perfect for her party.



It was so much fun to plan all the decor:  Lollipops, cupcakes, candies and gumballs.  I made columns of balloons in pink, red, blue and red.  The scenary for the Sweet Table consisted of two giant lollipops and a big cupcake.





THE DESSERT TABLE...
It looked so sweet!  I picked all the candies to coordinate with the party colors. There were swirl lollipops, jelly beans, Smarties, gummies, marshmallows, gumdrops, pink wafer cookies, cupcakes decorated with pink and blue frosting, coordinated the party circles I designed, Dubble Bubble pops wrapped in pink, raspberry and aqua blue tissue and cello paper, chocolate cups with strawberries and whipped cream...


The Cake {I am so proud of my cake; I took a Michaels fondant and gum paste decorating class a couple of weeks ago and this was my first cake and I loved it!} I did all the fondant bows, lollipops and candy decorations for thecake and cupcakes. 





And I can't forget about the little waffle-ice cream house with my baby's name and the number 2 on top, inspired by the Sweetopia logo. Adorable, isn't it?










THE PARTY FAVORS...


They were the most adorable mini-gumball machines. I purchased them at Beau-coup  and decorated them with an organza bow and a guest name tag.


 

THE FOOD TABLE...




At the Food table  there was veal sandwiches, chicken and beef lasagna, caesar salad, mini hot dogs, chicken nuggets, cheese and fruit trays.  I made Jello cups in 3 layers of strawberry, blueberry and raspberry  flavours to match the party colors.  


The clear plastic cutlery was wrapped in aqua blue paper napkins and decorated with napkin rings made with ribbons and the same party circles as the cupcakes. The spoons were also decorated with party circles.{I got a lot of compliments on my lasagna, several friends asked me for the recipe -  I will be posting it soon}

Have you tried this new brand of Water bottles?

 

 ENTERTAINMENT...




I always have to have a PiƱata included in all my kids' parties. The kids love them! This time I made a lollipop one and it turned out really cute!  Again I asked Steve to entertain the kids. They love him and always have a lot of fun! I also got a CD especially for the occasion to play the Lollipop Song - It's my party! by the Supertarz Kids.




THE DRESS...




My daughter looked adorable in her pink hand-smocked dress. I had picked this dress last year thinking of her second birthday and everything just came together perfectly because without planning it the dress had the same party colors: pink with aqua blue and raspberry accents.  Most importantly she enjoyed her party, especially when we sang happy birthday to her! She blew the candles and she had lots of fun serving the cake! :)




I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are an AMAZING mom!! What a dreamy, sugary party!! Of course I love the sweet house inspired by the gingerbread house on Sweetopia. I'm honored, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i would love to do that to my sis for her birthday u should help me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Denisse, you can contact me at party-tales{at}rogers.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...